President and COO
- Native of New Orleans, LA
- Graduated with a BSBA with a Major in Management from the University of Louisiana, Lafayette
- 25+ years Management and Executive Leadership Experience
- 20+ years experience in Senior Care
- Business owner
- AHCA’s Future Leader of American in Long Term Care
- Has been licensed as a Nursing Home Administrator in five states
- Has worked with Senior Care Communities in over 13 states across the country
- Strengths / Skills: Executive Coaching, Mission/Purpose, Culture, Core Values, Leadership, Strategic Planning, Streamlining Operations, Improving Customer Experiences, Time Mgmt, etc.
- Wife: Samantha. Sons: Andy and Tristan
- When he is not working, he LOVES to saddle up and ride mountain bikes all over the country
- Bill Wagner is a CPA who earned his BBA and MBA from Pittsburg State University.
- Bill has a background in public accounting, manufacturing, and real estate development/hospitality, both with private and publicly traded companies.
- Bill has participated in many financing transactions including construction loans, operating loans, sale leaseback transactions, and joint ventures.
- Bill also has experience with company acquisitions and divestitures.
Vice President of Operations
- Carol has worked with the community seniors for the past 25 years
- She has served as a Director of Nursing and Administrator prior to serving as the V.P. of Operations for Axiom
- Carol believes in the concept of Resident Centered Care, i.e. I.L.E.E., putting the resident first in all aspects of care and services.
- Carol is married with three children
- She is currently the Kansas representative for the American Health Care Future Leader Program, based in Washington, D.C.
- Carol is active in her home community of Augusta, KS and serves as the Medical Officer for the Wichita Battalion of the Navy Seal Cadets.
- For Axiom, Carol carries her clothing and make-up in her car so she can leave at a moment's notice to any of our buildings.
- Carol's strong suit is regulations, this makes up for her inability to remember anyone's name.
- She is fun, funny, and knows a lot of trivial information.
Regional Executive Director, Denver Market
- Karla is originally from the Kansas City, KS area
- She has a Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation from Pittsburg State University and a Master's degree in Healthcare Management Administration from Webster University
- Karla has worked in healthcare for over 20 years.
- During those years she held the following positions: Activity Assistant, Social Services Designee, Activity Director and Consultant, Sales and Marketing Director, Assistant Administrator, Executive Director, Regional Operations Manager, and Vice President
- Karla served on the Board of Directors for the Kansas Healthcare Association for many years, as well as the committee that wrote the Peak Award Program
- Karla is married to Jeff and they have 2 children, Erin who is 16 and Christopher is 12
- To keep busy Karla loves to run the trails in Colorado and watching her children's sporting activities
VP of Human Resources
- Graduated with a B.S. from Wichita State University and an MBA from Oklahoma City University
- Over 20 years of HR & management experience in multi-office and multi-state environments
- Maintains certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) & SHRM-SCP (Senior Certified Professional)
- Member of Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Came to Axiom from Pyxis, Inc. where she served as the HR Director for over 14 years
- Strengths include organizational and leadership development, training, benefits administration, compliance, and employee relations
- Loves HR because it allows her to contribute to the building of a strong company through interaction with employees at all levels of the organization
- Married to Robert, with 3 young adult kids, and 5 grand kids she adores
- Graduated with a B.B.A. from Fort Hays State University with a Major in Accounting
- Brenda has over 20 years of accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- 15 + years of experience in non-profit healthcare
- Strengths include financial statement preparation, Budgeting, Strategic Planning, EHR Software Training
- Member of AICPA and KSCPA
- Came to Axiom from Harry Hynes Hospice
- Married to Mike, with two daughters, Lauren & Allie
- In her spare time, she enjoys watching her daughters sporting activities, spending time at the lake, and getting creative with her craft business, KK Designs.